Furniture & Upholstery Cleaning
Think about how much time you and your family spend sitting in your favorite armchair or lounging on your comfy sectional couch. That furniture gets a lot of love. But your upholstery and furniture often get overlooked in the cleaning process.
Can you remember the last time you cleaned your sectional, love seat or armchair? It’s probably been a while.
The experts at Fuzzy Wuzzy are here to keep your furniture looking as clean as the day you bought it. We believe all aspects of your home should shine, including your furniture!
1900 - 2020
how we clean upholstery
1. Pre-Inspection. A technician begins by inspecting the furniture to identify spots or stains and determine the type of fabric.
2. Dry Vacuum. Dry soils and dirt are removed by thoroughly vacuuming and brushing the upholstery.
3. Pre-Treated. Each piece of furniture is pre-treated with cleaning solution to emulsify soil and spots.
4. Agitation. Furniture is then cleaned using our low-moisture upholstery tool.
5. Post Groom. If needed, your upholstery is groomed with a brush so that the fibers dry faster.
6. Post-Cleaning Inspection. A technician will lastly go over the cleaning results with you, explaining the process and answer any questions.
Many of our customers also request some of our additional optional services: Enzyme Deodorization and Fabric Protection Treatment.
lounging on layers of germs
Clean and protect your valuable furniture with our state-of-the-art cleaning process and techniques. Our technicians clean couches, sectionals, chairs, sofas, love seats, pillows, etc. Here are several reasons why now is the time to have your furniture professionally cleaned:
- Appearance: Using household cleaning products and store-bought solutions will only do so much. Stains and spills that you can’t get out can be removed using our specialized tools. Your furniture will look like new again!
- Air Quality: Deep cleaning your furniture will rid your home of harmful allergens that are lingering in the fabric. These dangers aren’t necessarily visible to the naked eye, but a proper cleaning can improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Health Hazards: Years of wear and tear on your furniture will leave dust, bacteria, food crumbs and stains in all areas of your furniture. Our deep cleaning process will put you at ease knowing that your family is not exposed to dirt and bacteria.
Depending on the specific type of fabric and level of soiling, dry time ranges between 1-6 hours. We recommend that you open windows, use a fan or turn on your air conditioning to reduce the drying time. The more air flow, the faster your furniture will dry.
Most furniture manufacturers recommend having upholstered furniture cleaned about once every 12-18 months, depending on usage and condition. If you are sensitive to allergens, it is recommended that you have furniture cleaned at least once a year.
Furniture manufacturers must provide their recommendation on the safest cleaning method for your furniture on a tag on the back of your item. Check that before you contact us and we can guide you toward the best cleaning method. Our technicians have a wide range of knowledge of upholstered furniture and will use the best techniques and temperature for the fabric.
Our expert technicians use powerful hot water extraction (steam cleaning) whenever possible. In certain cases, we use a low-moisture extraction tool to minimize the water usage and decrease drying time.
You have the option of adding fabric protector to your furniture after cleaning. This product creates an invisible border around fibers that improves their resistance to dry soil, water-based stains and normal wear and tear.
If there are odors present, you have the option of adding a special deodorizer to your furniture. There should be no lingering odors once the fabric is dry. This is great for pet urine and animal odors, caused from the oils in their skin, which can seep into the fabric.
serious green cleaning!