Air Duct CLEANING SEATTLE
Improve the Air Your Loved Ones Breathe!
Because ductwork is usually out of sight behind walls or above ceilings, maintenance of air ducts can be easy to neglect. Many people forget to have routine air duct cleaning service, which has the potential to cause long term problems with indoor air quality.
Fuzzy Wuzzy is the premier provider of duct cleaning in western Washington. Our trained and professional technicians perform thorough cleaning of air ducts, dryer vents and furnaces, eliminating contaminants in your ductwork and indoor air, like dust, mold and bacteria.
Duct cleaning also helps prevent excessive home dust and allergies by removing those irritants from the walls of your ductwork. You will literally breathe easier with clean ducts.
Air Duct Cleaning Seattle
When to Clean Your Air Ducts
Call us for air duct cleaning if you notice more dust than usual in your home.
Higher Utility Bills
Call us if you have higher than normal utility bills — air duct cleaning can drastically improve your system’s efficiency.
Call us when allergy signs appear, especially after air starts to flow. Air duct cleaning removes mold and dust, which are known allergy triggers.
Poor Air Flow
Call us if you have rooms in your home with little or no air flow from the vents. Cleaning air ducts will restore air flow through the entire system.
Our Air Duct Cleaning Process
Fuzzy Wuzzy follows the standards set forth by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) when performing air duct cleaning. Air Duct Cleaning Seattle.
Our professionally trained air duct cleaning technicians use the following process:
1. Arrival: A Fuzzy Wuzzy technician(s) will show up to your home on time, in a Fuzzy Wuzzy branded vehicle.
2. Pre-Inspection: The technician will greet you and review the services you have requested, explaining our duct cleaning process in detail.
3. Setup: The technician will ensure that your home is prepared for air duct cleaning, ensuring that all vents and returns are accessible, and placing protective floor covers and corner guards where necessary.
4. Vent Sealing: The technician then carefully seals the vents and returns. Your air conditioning ducts are placed under negative pressure to maximize air flow.
5. Vacuum Connected: A powerful vacuum device is connected to your main trunk line, which collects dirt, dust, mold and other contaminants that become dislodged during the cleaning.
6. Scrubbers Inserted: High pressured duct scrubbers are inserted into the ductwork to dislodge dirt and debris.
7. Trunk Line Re-Sealed: After completion, the technician will seal the access hole in your main trunk line with a metal access panel (done by NADCA standards).
8. Service Sticker: A Fuzzy Wuzzy Air Duct Cleaning Service Label Sticker will be placed on your system by the technician and the date of next service will be provided.
9. Review: The technician will review the work and answer any questions that you may have.
10. Clean Up: The technician will thoroughly clean up all materials, pack up, and leave your home fresh and clean.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Clothes dryers are a necessity in most homes, but poorly maintained or improperly installed vents can quickly become a fire hazard. In fact, the U.S. Fire Administration estimates that almost 3,000 fires are caused by dryers each year. The leading cause of those fires (34%) is poorly maintained dryer vents.
Dryer vents accumulate dust, fiber and lint. When this material builds up, it is highly flammable and can compromise a system’s airflow. A clogged vent causes the system to overheat, and potentially start a fire.
Your dryer vent may need cleaning if you witness any of the following issues:
Clothes come out of the dryer excessively hot
It takes more than one cycle to dry clothes
There is more lint than usual in the filter
Clothes have a musty odor after drying
The laundry room is unusually hot
There is debris in the outer dryer vent opening
Fuzzy Wuzzy uses special equipment that is designed to clean dryer vents. If you notice any of the above problems, call our professional dryer vent cleaning company for help. Air Duct Cleaning Seattle.
Over time, dirt, dust, debris, allergens and other harmful particles collect in your home’s air ducts. This strains the operation of your HVAC system, and your health, well-being and energy bills could suffer in the process.
Make sure that there is space cleared around the HVAC system and the registers in your home. That’s really all you need to do. While the cleaning is being done, the best thing you can do is stay out of the way to ensure your safety and let the technician focus on the job.
Fuzzy Wuzzy technicians are extremely thorough. For a standard size home, an air duct cleaning job takes 2.5 to 4 hours to complete (2,000-2,500 sq ft.).
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) advises cleaning of air ducts every 4-7 years. But if someone in your household has asthma, allergies, or respiratory concerns, or you notice higher energy bills or excessive dust, it can be more frequent.
Research by the United State Environmental Protection Agency states that cleaning your HVAC system allows it to run more efficiently. Efficient systems operate by using less energy, lowering your monthly bill. A clean and efficient system is less likely to break down and will have a longer life span.
No. Fuzzy Wuzzy technicians use a labor intensive cleaning method, making sure your entire system is cleaned and inspected prior to restarting your system. Make sure whatever company you hire cleans the “entire system.”
We only use green cleaning products to sanitize or disinfect your air duct system. These are environmentally safe for you, your kids and your pets and are effective against a wide range of mold and bacteria. Fuzzy Wuzzy uses the same products used in hospitals, schools, government, etc.
No. All our work quoted over the phone or via email is the price you pay. If the duct cleaning job takes longer than expected or there are difficulties, we will not charge any additional fees.
After the cleaning is complete, a Fuzzy Wuzzy technician will allow you to visually inspect your system. You will be given full access to see that the job was completed to your liking.
You can give us a call at 206-525-0058.